Friday, June 29, 2012

Ride report

I can't say that I was overly enthused to get out of my nice cosy warm bed whilst it was still dark this morning. However I did get up and out on the bike and was very pleased to see that there was no sight of rain. Shortly into the ride it was quite obvious that the wind was fairly strong as we were making good speed out to Frankston at little effort so we always knew the ride home would be tough. I started the ride actually feeling pretty strong and my motivation to train and race again was slowly coming back to me. At the turn around though I realised just how bad the headwind was, I made it most of the way to Mordiallic battling in the wind before having to drop back and cheat, letting Lou do all the work (awesome job Lou, without you I might still be at Mordiallic). A coffee at end of the ride was certainly well deserved and I think a nana nap is also going to be needed sooner rather than later.
Thanks girls for the ride, think it was just the kick up the bum I needed to start training again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment