Tuesday, June 5, 2012

30 vs 20!

Ok so I know that I'm not 30 yet and for all I know my 30's could be terrible compared to my 20's, but from everything I've been told and everything I know, there are a number of reasons why the 30's are the new 20's and why they're going to be better than my 20's!
When I look at my life now as I am about to turn 30 and compare it to the life I had when I was 20, I'm already in a better place!

Sarah at 30 v Sarah at 20!!

1. At 30 I have an awesome job with a great income. At 20 I was still in Uni and juggling 3 part time jobs

2. At 30 I know what I want in life (or at least I know what I don't want!) at 20 I had no idea what I wanted.

3. At 30 I'm living in a great town house near the city (albeit with a slightly annoying housemate) at 20 I lived at home with my dad and slightly annoying brothers (who I love very much now that I don't live with them) in Cranbourne.

4. At 30 I have much greater self esteem and confidence. I don't spend my time worrying or caring about what people think of me. At 20 I always worried about what others thought.

5. At 30 I have achieved so much. At 20 I talked about achieving so much

6. At 30 I drive a cute little Audi that is very reliable. At 20 I drove a Holden commodore that was older than me, often broke down and blew out excessive smoke!

7. At 30 I make my own happiness, I am happy with the person that I am and I can appreciate my own company. At 20 I felt that I needed to rely on others in order to be happy.

However there are some things that never change!!

8. At 20 I was talking about buying my own place, I'm still talking about buying my own place. Only difference is I now actually can afford to do so.

9. At 20 I had a dream of completing the Hawaiian Ironman. At 30 that dream is still there deep down, and who knows, maybe one day I'll get there!

10. At 20 I had some amazing friends. At 30 I still have the same amazing friends and a few more!

No comments:

Post a Comment