Saturday, July 14, 2012

Inspired...

This week I was inspired by career achievements rather than sporting achievements. I had the privilege of attending a Australian Financial Review networking event in Sydney with the Finance Director along with 2 other work colleagues. At the event the Finance Director was awarded with a Young Executive of the year award, for at the age of 34 he is not only our company's Finance Director but legal Director also. As I sat there at the event all I could think about was the fact that he is only 4 years older than me, yet achieved so much career wise. So now I sit her pondering what exactly do I want in my career and what steps do I need to take to ensure that I progress with my career. The first thing I have decided that I need to do is to find myself a good mentor that can help me with my career and guide me to become the manager that I strive to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment