Saturday, June 23, 2012

30th Birthday Celebrations

So the birthday month has finally ended and I've now well and truly turned 30. Last night I had an amazing party with friends and family where expresso martini's and countless glasses of wine were consumed. Yet with no consequences of a hangover today! Yay!!
I was truly spoilt receiving so many beautiful gifts (including a number of massage and spa vouchers, is that a sign that my friends think I need to chill out more?!)
A debate was sparked over which is worse, sore toes or sore balls? Choosing to wear uncomfortable heels for the evening I ensured the balls of my feet were cushioned with gel party feet. Only to discover that whilst my balls might be comfortable the gel cushions made my toes squashed! So out the gel cushions came to save my toes, only to be replaced again later when my balls were burning. Seriously why can someone not invent a sexy pair of heels that are as comfortable as wearing slippers! If someone could they would be one very rich person!!
Then again I could just be sensible and wear flats but then where is the fun in that!!
I witnessed a fair few drunken dance floor pashes amongst my single friends. Everyone met my 'fun' aunty and the legend of the man from Bonnie Doon!
There was dancing and laughing and fun had by all so thanks to everyone who came and made my party a truly great night. Now to bring on the next decade and chapter in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment