Sunday, June 3, 2012

6 days from turning 30 and couldn't be happier!

So it's been awhile since I last blogged but as I sit here at Cairns airport with a couple of hours to spare as I await the arrival of the girls to begin our week long vacation in sunny Port Douglas I ponder the fact that I am only 6 days away from being 30!
If someone asked me 10 years ago where I would be at 30 I prob would have said I'd be married with kids in my own home and working as an accountant! Well one of those 4 are true!! Life has turned out somewhat different to what I had mapped out for myself but I could not be happier!
Some people I know are scared at the thought of turning 30, yet I am looking forward to my 30's!! In the past 10 years I have done so much more than I ever would have dreamed. I've travelled the world (parts at least), I've worked overseas, competed in an Olympic Distance and 70.3 World Triathlon Championships. I've completed an ironman (yay! Now that was on the things to do before I turn 30 list). I have a great job, an amazing family, with amazing sister in laws and adorable nieces and nephews. I live in the best country in the world, I am in a position that allows me to live a comfortable life (especially now that I'm not spending all my income on triathlon!!)
So I'm actually looking forward to my 30's who knows what's in store for me. Life's good, surely it can only get better (so much easier to say when sitting in the sun in Cairns rather than grey rainy Melbourne)

No comments:

Post a Comment