Saturday, January 7, 2012

Post Ironman Blues

So after finishing my first Ironman alittle over a month ago I was on a massive high, excited to have achieved a goal that I have had for so long but also determined to come back and perform even better next time. My determination and motivation was at an all time high, I ordered a tonne of books on Amazon that were all going to help me have my best race at Ironman this year. But slowly I have been coming down from that high and now feel that I have hit the bottom, I have done little to no training for 5 weeks and there is a part of me tha is starting to wonder do I really want to go back to serious training, I am enjoying sleeping in, not falling asleep in meetings at work, spending time with my friends, consuming too much alcohol and paying the price the next day. Pretty much I am enjoying everything that a single 29 year old girl should be enjoying. Yet there is another part of me that is starting to feel a little sluggish and the jeans do feel a little snug (hence have been living in skirts and dresses for the past 2 weeks) and I do want to get back out there and train, but train on my own schedule, yesterday I went for a ride by myself and it was great, I didn't set an alarm I just woke up got on the bike and turned the legs over, I wasn't caring about my speed or my heart rate I was just enjoying the scenery and clearing my head.
This week I am going to attempt to make a come back at training, but I'm going to take my time and ease back into it whilst still allowing myself to have fun and enjoy life :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment