Wednesday, January 11, 2012

The advantages of single life

A very dear friend of mine in a bid to cheer me up the other day sent me the following message. So for any single girls who are thinking that they would rather not be single, have a read of this and maybe you will change your mind...

Once upon a time...
A guy asked a girl "will you marry me?"
The girl said "NO"
And the girl lived happily ever after and went shopping, dancing, camping, drank martini's, always had a clean house, never had to cook, had sex with whomever she pleased... did whatever the hell she wanted, never argued, travelled more, had many boyfriends, saved more money, had all the hot water to herself, watched chick flicks, never wore fricken lacy lingerie that went up her ass, had high self esteem, never cried or yelled, felt and looked fabulous in sweat pants, and burped, swore, and farted all the time.
THE END

So whilst we may all long to meet the man of our dreams and live happlily ever after, the grass is not always greener on the otherside and actually single life is pretty damn good. If I want to eat a bowl of cereal for dinner I can! I can wear daggy clothes around the house, don't have to shave my legs, I always get to watch what I want to watch on TV and I can go out and buy expensive bikes with no one telling me I am spending too much money. I can go out drinking with my girlfriends every night (though this is kind of detrimental to my training and also doesn't support my 2012 plan to save more money!) but best of all I get the whole bed to myself every single night and it is great!

No comments:

Post a Comment