Thursday, January 12, 2012

Training Tip #2 Do not run after eating Chocolate Cake

Actually do not each Chocolate Cake full stop. Especially when no training has been done for the past 5 weeks. I blame the fact that Melbourne has decided to revert back to winter for my sudden need to be eating comfort food rather than nice healthy fresh fruit and salad, so when the girls at work mentioned cake at lunchtime today it took little convincing for me to join them. Halfway through indulging in my decadent tim tam chocolate cake I started to feel extremely ill and this was just the wake up call that I needed. It is officially time to get off my ass and go back to training. So tonight I left work on time, raced home and pulled on my running gear and decided to run 10km, apart from nearly puking up the chocolate cake at the 5km mark I felt great, the sun was finally back out and shining, I ran along the beach realised how much I love running and love Melbourne. Or maybe the wake up call was not the sickness I felt after eating the chocolate cake, nor the fact that I now look like I am about 3 months pregnant after eating, drinking and eating some more ever since Busselton, perhaps the wakeup call is the fact that I have a cycling date on Sunday! Yes a cycling date! So not technically picking up on beach road but will be going on a date whilst cycling along beach road. The thought of a guy seeing me in my lycra in the state that I am currently in was well and truly enough of a wakeup call to dust off the runners and get back out there.
My mojo is back! Watch out Busso here I come....

No comments:

Post a Comment