Monday, January 26, 2015

Mia's Holiday Adventures - The Finale

So my very first holiday has come to an end and I am now safely tucked up in the comfort of my own cot in my own home. Yesterday was a great day, we started off with a trip to Henley beach but it was way too cold to go swimming, I wasn't even upset when mum said it was too cold, I was nice and cosy in my pram. Of course we stopped for mum to have her daily caffeine fix, I am starting to see a correlation here between the number of times I wake up at night and the number of coffees mum has the next day. I was then hurried back to the hotel for a nap so that I could be on my best behaviour for the afternoons viewing of the tour down under final stage. We spent the afternoon watching the cyclists race through the streets of Adelaide, well I watched a little but mostly just snoozed in my pram, one of the best perks of being a baby is having your masters push you around everywhere. During the times that I was awake I turned on the charm and made lots of friends with other spectators, one old lady was even so nice that she gave me a bell to use to cheer on the cyclists, strangely enough my parents seem to have conveniently misplaced this very loud bell.
The highlight of my day though was definitely my luxurious spa bath in the kitchen sink of the hotel, after 3 nights of crying in the bath my parents decided on a new strategy and bathed me in the kitchen sink, it was awesome, I could see the TV and it was the perfect size for me so I kicked back and enjoyed it.
After I had gone to bed my parents sneakily had some ice cream which upset me greatly so I decided that I would wake and cry on the hour until mum gave in and got up and fed me, see I told you boobies fix everything!
I was again rudely awoken at some ridiculous hour of the morning so that we could drive home as quick as possible, with my parents hoping that I would sleep most of the car trip.  This time it was mum that was in spy mode, scooping me up from the porta cot and carrying me carefully down to the hotels basement, but I was on to them this time and it took the vacuum cleaner blaring out the car stereo before I finally fell asleep. I was actually on good behaviour today, no poonamis in the car, I snoozed a lot and I only got cranky as we got close to home. 
I enjoyed my first holiday but I am very happy to be back home with my toys and in my own cot, I think next time we go away I'll request the big bed and the parents can try sleeping in the porta cot and see how they like that stupid thing.




No comments:

Post a Comment