Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Mia's Holiday Adventures - Day 1

Mum said my guest blogging this week was so popular that she's let me have another turn!! I'd like to share with you my first holiday adventure.

Day 1
I was deep asleep (well not really I'd been tossing and turning all night because it was so hot) when the door to my room opened and someone snuck in. I though I was being baby napped or starring in Taken 4 but it was ok, just dad! I was whisked out of my cot and straight into the car, very odd as it was the middle of the night. We drove for what felt like forever, but I guess for a 5 month old a day is a very large percentage of my very short life so of course it feels like forever.  
After about 6 hours I was completely over this car ride, I decided it was time to get back at my parents and do a poonami in the brand new car seat, have been saving one up for a few days. After I had filled my nappy I of course didn't want to be sitting in it so I started protesting, my parents kept shushing me telling me to go to sleep, finally they realised that a stench was wafting through the car and then the panick in their voices with mum asking dad if he'd put the nappy on tight enough, turns out he did so the parents won this time and the car seat survives another day. They were then so desperate for me to sleep that they blasted the damn vacuum cleaner noise through the stereo, I hope they realise that I will never be able to vacuum a house without falling asleep.
Upon finally arriving in Adelaide I was keen to check out the Tour Down Under, I was hoping my parents would take me to the expo so that I could get a bike and join in, but no such luck, they are such party poopers. They wouldn't even let me share in the driving for our mammoth car trip, said something about me being too little and not able to reach the peddles.

No comments:

Post a Comment