Thursday, December 22, 2011

Some people I know think that I'm crazy

Actually all people (including me) think that I'm crazy. Afterall who decides on the Thursday night before Christmas to cook a Christmas Pudding that will take 6 hours. Having soaked the fruit already in the brandy overnight I arrived home from work and made my pudding only to discover that I did not own a pot large enough to steam the pudding in so had to go out in search of a huge saucepan! So now not only has the ingredients alone in this pudding cost more than it would have to buy a pudding from the store I have also had to buy a new saucepan worth $50! (that's in addition to the $15 pudding basin already purchased). All I can say is that this better be one awesome pudding and my family better appreciate the effort that has gone into making it. Given that I had a lot of time to kill whilst waiting for my pudding to cook I could have put my feet up and relaxed in front of the TV with a glass of wine but no I decided to make a cheesecake, a batch of Gingerbread Men, some shortbread (although they were a little bit of a failure!) and rum balls. After standing on my feet so long baking in the heat I now have swollen feet and ankles (swollen enough that I can call them cankles) so I think it is now well and truly time to put my feet up with that glass of wine as I wait for another 3 hours for my pudding to cook.

No comments:

Post a Comment