Monday, December 19, 2011

Beach road, the new pick up place!

Very enlightening conversation at my triathlon club Christmas party last night. It would appear that I am completely out of the loop when it comes to the dating game. I always thought that I needed to be going out to bars if I wanted to meet a guy but it would seem that this is no longer the case anymore, that is so 5 years ago. Apparently the new meeting place is not out at a bar or over the internet but in fact beach road on a Saturday morning. So it is no wonder I am still single, I am clearly not out on beach road often enough, well not the correct part of beach road. Between St Kilda and Mordiallic is apparently the most popular pick up strip (according to the guys anyway). So how exactly does one manage to meet an eligible bachelor whilst out cycling on a Saturday morning when one is red faced, covered in sweat and wearing lycra? Do you just cycle up next to someone and say "hey, how you doing, nice wheels" or do you speed past a guy and then make them chase after you, because no guy wants to be beaten by a girl. I am somewhat dubious about this theory of meeting a guy whilst out cycling but I am assured by the guys that I train with that this is most definitely the new meeting place. So looks like all of that money I spend on fancy bikes and lycra may not be wasted afterall. Time to get back on the bike, into my best lycra that I own and start cruising beach road.

No comments:

Post a Comment