Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Chia Seeds - My new super food

So there is meant to be one post per week and I know that I have already posted 2 today, what can I say this lack of training is leading to severe boredom hence why a colleague suggested I blog. I am well known for being a little crazy with food and I did go through a bit of quinoa crzae earlier this year until I think I overdosed on the super food after receiving a cookbook from my dad "Quinoa 365 Days", I do not recommend eating it everyday for breakfast, lunch and dinner! Over the last week I have been doing a little research into food and nutrition and discovered a new super food chia seeds with which I have managed to create a super breakfast recipe combined with my first superfood love of quinoa!
Sarah's Super Brekky
1/2 Cup Rolled Oats
1/4 Cup Quinoa Flakes
1 tbs flaxseeds
1 tbs chia seeds
2 tbs pumpkin seeds
250g low fat vanilla yoghurt
any combination of fresh and/or dried fruit (I used about 1/4 cup fresh blueberries and 2 tbs dried cranberries).
Combine everything together and refrigerate overnight, perfect the next morning and will last 2 days in the fridge. This recipe makes enough for 2 filling serves.
If you want it a little sweeter add some honey to it when eating it and could also add a banana as well if you've just had a big training session!

No comments:

Post a Comment