Friday, December 16, 2011

The figures are in and the budget is blown!


My detailed budget is often the joke of the office place with it showing me to be a true accountant (or perhaps just an absolute nerd). Recently a colleague asked just how much money had I spent this year on my super expensive triathlon hobby so today I tallied up the final figures and it is not pretty! Afterall I did do 2 races in the US, an interstate race, bought a new bike and race wheels and that's on top of all of the training fees, nutrition, massages, physio appointments and all the other things that come with an expensive hobby. Still to spend 42% of one's annual income on a hobby does seem slightly excessive! But hey I have had a fun year!
So it is no wonder I am still single, not only do I spend all of my time training. I also spend all of my money on triathlon leaving no money for nice clothes, personal grooming or anything else that may make me more appealing to the opposite sex.
So perhaps next year a little less money on triathlon, a little more money on clothes and shoes and an increase in the entertainment budget to go out and drink a few more expresso martini's and perhaps meet some cute boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment