Sunday, September 30, 2012

Running with the Runs!!

I've heard of all the disaster stories of people racing triathlons and getting the runs during the race. Gross! I've never had any problems in races or during training. That is until yesterday.
With Melbourne weather at its most unpredictable best I decided to stay off the bike and run instead.
I set off feeling great but after about 15km's did not feel flash at all and was in desperate need of a loo. Luckily I was along beach rd in Port Melbourne and there was plenty of public loo's around. Had there not been public toilets I could have been stuck in a very messy situation. I don't know what I had eaten but something did not agree with me and had to decide to upset my belly in the middle of a long run.
Despite running with the runs I managed a 24km run in 2 hours. Not bad for someone who has given up tri's!!

No comments:

Post a Comment