Saturday, September 15, 2012

Red wine, performance enhacing?

After an early morning start, a day jam packed with chores, baking, coffee with a great friend and a drive to Lorne to register for tomorrows race, I am finally back at the hotel in Torquay (when you decide at very last minute to enter a race, you end up having to stay miles away from race town!) so I'm kicking back on my king sized bed, indulging in some pre race carbs and a glass of red! Most would say to avoid alcohol the night before any event but not me! One glass of red is better than any sleeping tablet (not to mention the supposed health benefits!) I'll be asleep in no time after a glass of smooth red wine, sleeping through the night like a baby.
I probably wouldn't recommend more than one glass though, a whole bottle may impair performance rather than enhance it.

No comments:

Post a Comment