Friday, September 14, 2012

Baking not biking!

Given that I am racing tomorrow it was a morning off training this morning. Most people would take that as an opportunity to have a good sleep in. However my body clock seems to be permanently set to early morning wake up time and per usual I was awake bright and early. Deciding to make the most of the morning I went out and did the grocery shopping. The supermarket was empty and shopping was so much more relaxing than when I usually go later in the day. Only problem with shopping in an empty supermarket is I wasn't in so much of a rush so I ended up browsing the aisles and buying about double what I had on my list (so much for my pantry de stocking project!)
Decided to bake myself some wholesome muesli bars as energy for my race tomorrow. Inspired by a clean eating website I found a great recipe for muesli bars using quinoa (yep still my favourite!)
The end result some very tasty, all natural energy bars for training. Hoping they help me ride fast tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment