Saturday, February 4, 2012

Chivalry is dead on beach road

Instead of sleeping in on a Sunday morning I foolishly decided to go cycling. I rode out to Frankston and was absolutely flying, which is not a good thing as it meant a horrendous head wind on the way home! Sure enough as I turned around at Frankston I realised just how bad the headwind was and my speed dropped dramatically. The wind was horrible and I was hurting but to make matters work a middle aged male solo cyclist decided that he was in more pain than me and decided to draft off me. I have no problem with this at all when the favour is then returned allowing me some rest. But no, this male decided to sit on my wheel for a good 20km, even after I had tried to drop him a couple of times. Now look I know that I may have a cute ass and he was probably enjoying the view that he was getting as he let me do all the work but seriously show some respect out on the road and for a little lady. If you want to draft off me then do so but share the love around! To whomever suggested that beach road is the new pick up place perhaps this is true but I'm no longer sure that I want to find out as not sure I want to pick up the kind of guy that cycles along beach road.

No comments:

Post a Comment