Thursday, February 23, 2012

Perhaps chivalry is not dead on beach road afterall

So I've been a little slack on this blog, perhaps there is a new distraction in my life! Thought it was time that I should catch up on the events of the past couple of weeks!
So recently I blogged that chivalry was perhaps dead on beach road only to perhaps be proved wrong the following week!
I was out cycling along beach road with one very fast boy and making every attempt to sit on his wheel as we powered along beach road into a head wind. I was working far too hard for a Sunday morning ride and was starting to struggle, after trying to get him to ride off ahead a few times he was insistent I stay with him so I kept pushing my little legs and my face continued to turn from shade of tomato to shade of beetroot. We hit a slight incline and I slowly started to drop off his wheel despite my best efforts to pedal as hard as I could. Just as I was starting to give up I felt a hand on my butt giving me a push up the hill. The lovely cyclist behind me decided to be a gentleman and give me a bit of a push to stay on Matt's wheel. Or perhaps he was just trying to grab my arse!! I'd prefer to think of it as the former and thankyou very much for the assistance! Nice to know that chivalry is not dead afterall. However lesson learnt not to ride with Matt again, or maybe I should and improve my cycling leg for Busso!

No comments:

Post a Comment