Thursday, February 23, 2012

The evil raga!

Last Saturday I decided to attempt my first long ride back with tri-bal! Whilst I have been riding on my own and doing some wt sessions this was going to be a test of my fitness!
Before I set off to meet the group a drank a drink of this powder supplement that Matt had given me! When he gave it to me it was with the warning 'only take one scoop' I think for me that should have been half a scoop! So I slammed down a glass of this feral tasting drink with my standard training breakfast of honey on toast and then started riding.
Rode to Mordi to meet the group and was feeling great. Fresh as a daisy! Joined the girls and led out the front to Frankston and was riding better than I had in a long time. I got to the top of 2 Bays and my legs felt like they hadn't even been working! I then realised that actually maybe I didn't feel so good afterall, I felt a little dizzy and had a bit of a cold sweat going on. Kept cycling and made it home with a 110km clocked on the Garmin at an average speed of 30.6km/hr which I was extremely happy with. I got off the bike and realised just how crook I felt and felt like throwing up and passing out.
Whatever was in that powder could not have been good for me! Later on Matt advises that one scoop is the equivalent of having about 4 red bull's! So it is no wonder my heart rate was through the roof, I felt dizzy and had the shakes. For someone who can barely handle 2 cups of coffee in one day this stuff was potent!! The boys call it 'the raga' and I'm not sure I'll be taking it again in a hurry, or at least not a full scoop anyway!
Did have an awesome training ride though and well and truly time to start training again with only 3 months until Cairns.

No comments:

Post a Comment