Friday, February 10, 2012

Life is on track and it feels great...

"Happiness is like a butterfly.
The more you chase it, the more it eludes you.
But if you turn your attention to other things,
It comes and sits softly on your shoulder."
Henry David Thoreau

What a great week. I'm back into training, well almost! Unfortunately no running because I have a sore foot and am taking the advice of one very wise woman and very good friend so no running. But I am cycling and even made it back into the pool where much to my surprise I was still leading the lane even after having not swam with the squad for 8 weeks. It felt great, maybe it's even time to step it up into the fast lane. I'm really enjoying being back at training, I'm loving that I'm doing it because I want to and not because I have to.
Work is going great! Well it's still a little crazy and there are a lot of things that are still a pain in the arse but all in all I feel like I'm in a really great place with my career.
Or maybe the real reason for my happiness has nothing at all to do with work or training but rather to do with the fact that I have met the most amazing boy who makes me feel happier than I have in such a long time.
I entered the year wondering what it would bring, afterall last year was such a huge year in terms of achievements that I felt like this year was going to be a bit of a let down, but it's turning into an even better year with so many things to look forward to.
Ironman number 2 is still a key priority and I can't wait to give it a good go, I have an amazing holiday to look forward to in June with a great bunch of girls to celebrate the fact that yes I am getting old and fast approaching 30!
So maybe I've had a couple of glasses of wine tonight and maybe this is a slightly soppy post and not the light hearted humor that usually ends up on here but what can I say. I'm happy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment