Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Bikes, Baking and Boyfriend?

After posting a rather cute picture of Matt and I on facebook the other day endulging in fish and chips in Port Melbourne after yet another fantastic weekend I was asked whether my blog should now perhaps be titled "Bikes, Baking and Boyfriend". Hmmmm maybe, but that sounds a little boring so think I will keep it as is, but yes it is perhaps true that I now have a boyfriend :-)

So this blog was started in a bit of humour and for people to have a laugh at my expense as I biked, baked and met boys, now that I have a boyfriend perhaps it won't have the same level of humour or be quite as interesting as it has been in the past, however I will try!

There have been a number of false starts this year to my training come back, however this week it is official, I have started back at training! So far 1 run, 1 ride and 1 swim down! Only another 2 of each to go! Yay! And I am even racing this weekend! Well I'm not sure that the corporate triathlon can actually be called a race but it will be interesting to say in the least. My work colleagues all have high expectations of me as afterall I spent the better half of last year talking about triathlons! However over the last 3 months I have lost a lot of fitness and this race is going to involve sprinting! That word does not exist in my vocabulary, I only know how to race endurance races at a steady pace so whilst this race is super short and hardly even worth getting out of bed for, I think it may actually hurt! Plus am hoping it will be a bit of fun ad good for a laugh as I watch some of my other colleagues who have an even lower fitness than me struggle through the swim, ride and run!

Now just to convince the boy to give up his own racing for the morning so that he can also come down and have a laugh at me and support me on Sunday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment