Monday, October 19, 2015

One sick mumma

In having just survived a terrible gastro filled weekend I realised that in the midst of my sickness the blog was forgotten about, the only positive is that a weekend of gastro certainly gives me something to blog about.
Parenting can certainly be a tough gig, it has it's ups and downs, though I've certainly experienced far more ups that I have downs. Saturday morning I hit my rock bottom moment in parenting when I discovered that it is really not much fun to be sick whilst trying to care for a demanding one year old.
Waking up on Saturday morning I felt a bit queasy but I decided to push on with the day, hoping that it would pass, I was hoping the power of the mind would be stronger than the body! So Mia and I continued on our Saturday morning ritual to our local cafe for a coffee and a babycino. In hindsight this was the worst possible move and I fear I have now put myself off coffee for life.  Let me assure you, coffee might taste nice going down but it certainly doesn't coming back up. I spent the majority of the morning with my head over the toilet, with poor Mia having no idea what was going on, crying whilst I was vomiting and then curiously peeping into the toilet bowl to see what was going on.
Mia clearly sensed something was not right and at one point whilst I was lying on the lounge floor as she played she waddled off into her bedroom and reappeared with her teddy and a sleeping bag, giving me the teddy and putting the sleeping bag on top of me.  She must have thought I needed a nap and when she needs a nap she goes in a sleeping bag and cuddles teddy, despite how sick I felt this was truly a precious moment.
By lunchtime I was miserable and it was off to the chemist to get anything I possibly could to make me feel better, a sight I must have been to the pharmacist as I was in tears, emotional from being sick and struggling to look after myself, let alone Mia.
I put in a rescue call and was extremely lucky that my mum was able to come over for the rest of the day to care for Mia, I think Mia was slightly relieved when Gran arrived too as I think Mia was starting to wonder how much longer she was going to have to look after mummy rather than mummy look after her.
I hate being sick at the best of times but when it ruins a beautiful Saturday that could have been better spent having fun with my munchkin then I hate it even more.  Thankfully Mia has managed to not get sick, and hopefully it stays that way!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment