Friday, July 11, 2014

To my little girl

To my baby girl,

It's now only a few weeks before mummy and daddy will get to meet you, we can't wait to hold you in our arms and to see what you look like.  Will you have lots of hair (more than daddy!) or none at all, will you have mummy's dimples, who will you look like?
I wonder who you will take after, whether you will be energetic and always on the go like mummy or more relaxed and laid back like daddy.  Daddy has visions of you being a sporting superstar, he doesn't mind what sport (as long as it's not power walking).  He's already volunteered to give up his lifetime of Saturdays to be able to take you to play sport. I see you being a little water baby and swimming with mummy in the pool, we already have bathers for you ready for the summer time.
Daddy has put me in charge of education, swimming and cycling (because yes mummy did beat daddy on the bike when we first met each other) daddy is in charge of teaching you everything else! can't wait to buy you your first bike (the pink one that I never had).
Daddy can't wait until you are walking so that he can dress you in little overalls (pink ones, not the brown ones my mummy used to dress me in) and gumboots and take you to Bunnings on a Saturday morning. He wants to buy a house for our little family, one with a big enough backyard so that he can grow a veggie patch with you.  
I want you to be you, whoever you may be. I want you to grow up to be strong and independent, caring and loving with strong values, I hope that I can teach you to be these things.

I love you little girl
Mummy
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment