Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Responses to pregnancy announcement!

Have so far had a lot of different responses to my pregnancy announcement. Mostly of course everyone is thrilled and excited for me but some people like to ask strange questions or offer their advice.
A common first question from work people is "who is your obstetrician?" When I advise that I'm having the baby in a public hospital people seem shocked! Another question from work colleagues "was it planned or unplanned?" Pretty personal question for a work colleague to be asking!! There are of course the many people that's first response was "I knew it!" I guess the rumours started after the work Christmas party when I wasn't drinking. Especially given that the prior year I earnt the nickname "reverse sorenson" as I consumed far too much alcohol! Another funny comment from a colleague "I thought your boobs had gotten big!" Then of course there is the advice, there is no shortage of advice! Upon seeing me drinking a coffee I was told to limit my caffeine intake, not drink alcohol and to not have soft serve ice cream. Other advice includes:
Get lots of rest (hard not to when you crash on the couch watching TV at 8pm)
Spend as much money on yourself now because soon you'll be spending all your money on a baby.
For Luke and I to spend as much time together now before bub comes.
All very good advice and I'm sure once bub comes there will be advice coming in by the truckload.

No comments:

Post a Comment