Saturday, February 22, 2014

Pregnancy is a beautiful thing?

Who are these women that love being pregnant? For I am yet to meet one and I am certainly not one of them. Of course I think pregnancy is a pretty amazing thing to be able to bring life into the world and I certainly cannot wait to be a mum and meet my little girl but I just wish I could bypass this whole pregnancy thing!
During the first trimester I felt like I was permanently hungover, I got hideous back acne, my boobs hurt like crazy and I stacked on a few kilos because the only thing that seemed to make me feel better was carbs and lots of them. Everyone then kept telling me that the 2nd trimester is the 'honeymoon period' and you get all your energy back and your morning sickness goes away. Well at 16 weeks I am still awaiting this glorious honeymoon period because right now I am the most exhausted I have ever been due to crazy insomnia, I feel ridiculously fat and now have cellulite and to top things off this morning out of nowhere I was sitting on the couch when I suddenly felt sick and only just made it to the kitchen sink before I threw up brekky and half of last nights dinner.
It's no wonder women are the ones to bring life into this world, if you think men are bad with man flu imagine what they'd be like with pregnancy!
I know it's all going to be worth it when I get to hold my little princess in my arms for the first time but the thought of another long 24 weeks is slightly depressing!

1 comment:

  1. Sarah! Huge congrats to Luke and yourself! I'm really enjoying your blog - you write so well!
    Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete