Friday, February 7, 2014

Looking a bit porky!

Whilst the common response to my pregnancy announcement has of course been "Congratulations". Last night at a work function upon telling a colleague of my pregnancy his first response was "I'm glad you told me because I thought you were looking a bit porky lately" how rude!! Yes I may have chubbed up a bit lately, a combination of eating far too many carbs and a lack of exercise, but of all things to say to a pregnant woman with raging hormones. I certainly was very insulted by this remark but it did also give me a bit of a kick up the bum to get off my fat arse this morning and go to the gym! I also think I may take on the advice of another pregnant friend "the secret to looking slim whilst pregnant is just to buy the same clothes in a bigger size" a shopping trip today may be in order to hide my big bum and thighs and my baby bloated belly!

No comments:

Post a Comment