Friday, February 20, 2015

Week 2 not so smooth sailing!

Whilst week one of my return to work was a success I can't quite say the same for week 2.
On Monday morning there was no bouncing out of bed at 4.45am in the morning, the snooze button on the alarm was indeed pressed as week 1 had perhaps taken its toll on me (though I would never admit it). I left Mia in the care of my mum for the day and it was off to work for week 2! Upon arrival at work I parked my car in a 2 hour parking spot as I needed to take it to the mechanics, at 1pm I realised that not only had I completely forgotten to take it to the mechanics but it was still in the 2 hour parking zone. Of course I received a parking fine so it was an expensive start to the week!
Tuesday I did manage to drag myself out of bed at 4.45am and off to the gym, as I always feel so much better after exercising, it was a positive start to the day until I got Mia up and she was coughing like crazy so there was no way I could send her to childcare and only a little over a week into being back at work I was already needing to take a day off to care for my little girl (secretly not complaining though as loved the cuddles I got from my sick little princess). Rookie error though and I had not bought my laptop home the night before and there was work that needed to be done so in between Mia napping we made a mad dash into the office to pick up the laptop so that I could at least accomplish some work when Mia was sleeping.
Wednesday we had Mia's 6 month immunisations which she handled like a a little trooper, her middle name Charlotte means strong and that she certainly is!! I have been extremely lucky so far with Mia sleeping through the night since about 3 months old but not this week! Of course she decides upon my return to work that she will start waking during the night. I don't know whether she is going through a 6 month growth spurt, teething, having reactions to the immunisations or just unsettled due to her cold but she decided it would be great to wake up at 1.30am and took awhile to resettle.
Thursday morning she seemed well enough to send to childcare so it was off to work and care for us.  I spent the day unable to focus 100% at work as I was worried about Mia and was really wishing I was cuddled up on the couch with her instead of her being sick being cared for by strangers. I started to doubt my decision about returning to work so early. We also experienced our first day care mix up with Mia returning home with another child's shorts and without her sleeping bag!
Finally it was Friday, only one more day to get through before getting to spend my weekend with Mia, having been up for 1 1/2 hours settling a sick bubba at 3am it was definitely a 2 cups of coffee kind of morning! Knowing Mia was safe and sound in the comfort of her own home being cared for by a nanny made the day at work a lot easier. Until 3pm it was a relatively uneventful day and then somehow whilst walking back to my desk I managed to snap one of my heels resulting in me having to hobble around for the remainder of the afternoon. Made all the more frustrating by the fact that I had recently paid $20 to have the ends of the heels replaced, looks like a shopping trip for new shoes on the weekend is in order.
We finally made it to the weekend and it is safe to say that Mia and I will both be having a very quiet weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment