Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Dear 6 month old Mia


When I was pregnant I wrote a blog to my little girl, I'm now writing another one to her 6 months later.

To my little girl,

It's hard to believe that it's been 6 months since you came into my life, at times it feels like it was only yesterday that I held you in my arms for the first time, at other times it feels like a lifetime ago. In 6 short months you have grown and changed so much, every day you seem just that little bit bigger than yesterday and you seem to learn something new each day.  Your cheeky little grin melts my heart, your signature photo pose of poking out your tongue makes me smile and the way you munch down food like the Cookie Monster makes me laugh. I sometimes wish I could freeze time and keep you this small forever, other times I wish you would grow up quicker so that I can teach you to ride a bike, take you to the zoo and have you read to me.
I'm now back at work which means we no longer get to spend all of our days together but when we are together we can have even more fun because the time together is now so much more precious. As much as I hate being away from you I know how much fun you are having at childcare with the carers and all of your new friends.  It makes me a little sad knowing that you now have a life of your own that I'm not part of.
I love the way your little face lights up when I get your bed time story off the shelf, it's like you know that you get a few more minutes before you have to go to sleep. We read the same story every night "Mr Brown can Moo, can you?" by Dr Seuss, your Pa Mick gave it to you and you absolutely love it, especially when Mr Brown makes a grum grum grum noise like a hippopotamus chewing gum.
I love watching you wriggle your way around the lounge room until you make your way to your favourite hiding spot, underneath the couch! I love seeing the look of determination on your face as you try to reach for that toy that is not quite within your reach and you wriggle around until you get there. You're not crawling yet but still you manage to move around a lot, I wouldn't be surprised if you are crawling soon. I love the way you kiss and also attack the baby in the mirror, I'm not sure if you have realised yet that the baby is you!
You are such a happy little girl, yet you are not what I would call placid! You certainly take after your mummy, always on the go and determined to do whatever you set your little mind too. Sometimes I wish you weren't so energetic and would enjoy having cuddles on the couch with mummy but you are so squirmy and will rarely sit still for more than a minute.

Love Mummy 
xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment