Friday, March 23, 2012

Questioning Ironman Number 2...

So I started this blog to document my journey towards Ironman number 2, slight glitch, there may be no Ironman number 2!
The goal was always to compete in an Ironman Race before I turned 30 and last year I achieved that goal by completing Busselton Ironman in a time that was not too far off my target time. I had great fun racing and afterwards was on a massive high (once I got past the pain of recovering!) and I was determined to race another Ironman and to do better. I went out and bought every book on the subject. How to run better, how to train better, how to get to optimum race weight. I was focused and more determined than ever and was excited about entering Busselton again for this year. However things have changed, I'm getting older and wiser! I am enjoying life at the moment and the thought of training for another ironman is perhaps not so appealing anymore, afterall nearly 6 months of my life last year were consumed with training, I had hardly any social life, I never got to sleep in and I was tired all of the time. Now I train when I feel like it (which is probably not as often as I should), I can go out and drink, I can sleep in, I can see my friends and of course spend time with Matt :-)
Training for an Ironman is a selfish affair and last year was all about me so I could afford to be selfish. This year things have changed, I've met Matt and maybe my priorities are changing!
Also last year I spend a ridiculous amount of money on triathlon! So would be nice to actually save some money this year.
So what does all of this mean for the blog! Afterall it is meant to be about bikes, boys and baking on my journey to ironman number 2. Now there is potentially not going to be an Ironman Number 2 and boys has become boy! But hey I am still having fun writing this even if no-one is reading it!

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry Sarah. People are reading....and loving your blog. Keep it up please.

    ReplyDelete