Thursday, March 22, 2012

It pays to complain sometimes!

So each year everything seems to go up in price; car insurance, health insurance, contents insurance, actually pretty much any type of insurance that all seems to be a necissity in life seems to go up and each year I just look at the increase and do nothing. Well not this year! I am sick of paying too much for things and letting companies continually put up their prices for no extra benefit or service. So when last week I received my car insurance policy which was to go up by $20 a month (even though with it was a letter telling me how I am such a good driver that I am getting a 5% saf driver discount now) I got straight on the phone and within 5 minutes I had the increase reduced from $20 to $2 per month. Now I know anyone reading this is probably thinking that I a just being a massive tight arse, and maybe I am. But this got me starting to think about how much money I could actually save in a year if I cut back on a few things and stopped accepting prise increases to be a given. So I have now started on a bit of a cost saving rampage, afterall I need to try to recoup some of the savings I lost last year from spending far too much money on triathlon! So far I have ensured my car insurance won't go up, reduced my health insurance by $50 a month, cancelled my gym membership at $72 a month, and giving up my daily cafe bought coffee. Yes I know I am being a complete tight arse, perhaps it would just be easier to get a payrise! But last year was all about having fun and spending way too much money, as I am now fast approaching 30 I have decided it is time to get serious and start saving to buy a house. Lets see how long I can keep up these cost saving initiatives before deciding that life is too short and wanting to have fun again!

No comments:

Post a Comment