Saturday, March 24, 2012

Is there anything more foolish than completing an Ironman?

I think the only thing more foolish than completing an ironman is to get up at 4.30am on a Sunday morning to go and watch an Ironman! If I'm getting up at that hour of the morning I may as well be competing in the race! So tomorrow morning some friends and I will be getting on our bikes at 4.45am to head down to Frankston to watch the swim start of the Melbourne Ironman. A lot of people from Tri-Bal will be racing so will be great to get down there and cheer them on. However the weather is not forecasted to be so warm and 4.30am is still night time in my books so I am starting to wonder why the hell am I sacrificing a Sunday morning sleep in! But when you are at that start line waiting to race, there is nothing better than knowing that your friends and family are out there supporting you, so it is my turn to be the support this time.
To all my friends racing tomorrow GOOD LUCK! I hope the weather gods are nice to you all and I hope that after watching your inspiring performances tomorrow that I may be inspired again to do Ironman number 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment