Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Time for reflection...

It's New Year's Eve, and whilst most people are out celebrating the end of the year and welcoming in the new year I am home while Mia is fast asleep in the next room. My little lady and I just spent an afternoon splashing in a wading pool and bouncing on a trampoline, far from my usual NYE's!!
So whilst Mia is sound asleep, oblivious to all the fuss that is NYE, I am sober and colouring in a colouring book!! It was given to me as a Christmas present, a hint to take time out of my busy life and escape, something I often find very hard to do as I'm always finding a million activities to keep me occupied. I am finding the colouring to be extremely therapeutic and has given me the chance to look back and reflect upon the year that was, and what a year it was!
I finally got to go to my first tour down under race this year in Adelaide, no bike in tow but instead with baby and pram! I returned to work and started the juggling act that is work and motherhood. At times it's been a challenge and there have certainly been some road bumps along the way but I think Mia and I have survived the year! With my promotion and Mia thriving in childcare I would say that both of us managed to kick some pretty big goals (yay for us!)
I've dusted off the cobwebs on the bike and after recently watching some track racing with dad I felt my competitive spark start to return so perhaps watch this space in the new year!!
After separating with my partner earlier in the year I've found myself on a huge emotional roller coaster, sometimes at the highest of highs and other times the lowest of lows. I've learnt a lot about myself this year, and feel like I'm finally in a good place. It's not the life I planned for but I'm happy and that's what is most important. Mia is a happy, well balanced little girl who is extremely loved and cared for by both of her parents and we both play a very important role in her life.
I survived the 1st birthday party and swore no more until at least school!! Something tells me that it won't be the case!! More importantly Mia and I both survived her first year on this earth without any major incident (other than the head first fall out of the cot)!
I got my blog back up and running properly, committing to blog once a week and delivering upon this commitment! Now to keep it up in the new year (I may need a little help from my guest blogger)! Whether anyone reads this is irrelevant to me, I write it mostly for myself, I enjoy writing and it allows me to be creative which is something I don't get to be in my accounting profession! However to those who do read it, I hope you enjoy it!
I laughed and lived more than I have have before, watching this beautiful little girl grow in front of my very own eyes. A little mini me in the making, her passion, stubbornness, problem solving skills and sheer determination are all amazing traits I see in her every day.
I've also cried more and felt more hurt than I ever have before, and at times felt the only thing getting me through was my little lady who needs me more than anyone has. The strength that I have found this year has all been because of her, she makes me want to be a better person each and every day. 
I am more confident with who I am. Mia and I dance and skip in public, we sing loudly in the car as other drivers laugh! We chase each other around at the park, and squeal loudly on the swings. She's allowed me to travel back to the joys of childhood where you have no inhibitions.
With the new year almost upon us, I'm not making any crazy New Years resolutions but I will set some goals. To be greatful for something each and every day, to find 15 mins a day to truly relax, to make exercise a priority as it really does make me a better person! To teach Mia to ride her little pink bike, to dance and laugh everyday and not rush from A to B all the time!


No comments:

Post a Comment