Sunday, December 13, 2015

Raising a little lady!

I like to think of myself as a fairly modern day woman. Career driven, independent and competitive. So when I pick Mia up from childcare each day and see her playing with baby dolls or in the toy kitchen I wonder where she learns such nurturing, domestic behaviors from?! As I stand in the kitchen today, apron on, surrounded by Christmas baking I realise that I may be a modern day woman but I still possess many of the traits of a good little domestic housewife! I love to bake and my work colleagues will surely be appreciative of me tomorrow when I arrive with carrot and apple muffins, shortbreads and fruit mince pies. Perhaps Mia has inherited these traits from me, I don't often bake when she is awake yet I still find her playing imaginary baking in the lounge surrounded by Tupperware and utensils. I love Mia seeing all of the sides of me as I hope that she grows up with balance in life. So far I feel that I'm succeeding! She is already shaping up to be very independent, yet still loves to have cuddles with mummy. She loves to play the role of mum with the baby dolls, but also likes to pretend to be a racing car driver in her little car. She likes to pretend to cook and loves to do the laundry but she also loves to be a little daredevil at the park!
Women really can have it all, they can be career driven and still a domestic goddess in the home. They can be independent yet still lean on others for support. They can be nurturing and loving but still pursue a life of their own.

No comments:

Post a Comment