Saturday, August 11, 2012

It doesn't always pay to get up early!

5.30am on a Sat morning and the alarm goes off. Do I ride or not?! I listen for any sign of wind or rain but it sounds pretty quiet out there. After lying in bed for 10mins contemplating what to do I decided to ride.
Got outside to discover the roads were very wet but given the effort to get ready I wasn't pulling out now. I set off on the bike and within minutes was wet from the water on the road. After about 20mins of riding it started raining so now I was getting wet from the water on the road and the rain. After 90km of riding I get home and the sun is shining in a blue sky with not a cloud to be seen! So had I slept in and ridden at 9am instead of the ridiculous hour of 6, I would have had perfect weather!!
So lessen learnt! It doesn't always pay to get up at the crack of dawn! So tomorrow I am going to sleep in and ride at a decent hour for a Sunday morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment