Thursday, January 14, 2016

Detoxing Disaster

So after far too much indulging in good food and wine over the Christmas period and then eating far too many chocolates at work last week (blaming stress!) I felt it necessary to undergo a mini detox. My face was breaking out in pimples, my jeans were starting to feel a tad bit snug and I was generally feeling run down and lathargic!
I got organized on the weekend stocking up on healthy foods, ridding the house of any bad foods and setting myself 3 goals for the week: Stick to all of my exercise plans, drink at least 2L of water a day and start each day with a glass of water with lemon juice. I recently read that the 3 things successful people do each day are rise early, exercise first thing and drink a glass of water with lemon. I figured I was ticking 2 of those boxes so why not add a third by drinking lemon juice!
To help further kick start my detox I decided to order some flat tummy tea which consists of an activate tea that you take each morning and a cleanse tea that you take every second night. 2 days into my detox plan I realised that there is a reason you follow the instructions on the cleansing detox tea. When it says to brew one teaspoon in hot water for 3-5 mins it's probably not a good idea to brew one tablespoon (my bad) for 35 minutes (may have just got slightly distracted). This mishap took place on Monday evening with the effects being noticed the following evening, severe stomach cramps followed by an evening in the loo!
Asides from this slight disaster by all accounts my detox is going great. I'm drinking at least 2 litres of water a day, leading to about 5 extra trips to the bathroom, really not convinced on the benefits of all this extra water when it seems to just go straight through me. I've exercised every day even if it's meant getting up at 4.30 in the morning, resulting in my daily caffeine fix being upgraded to a large, extra strong (and ok my detox isn't proper because I didn't give up caffeine, but I do need to function after 12pm!) I've drank my lemon juice each morning too, yet not noticing any effects of being more successful!
My skin is loving me, my abs are starting to reappear and asides from being ready for bed by 8pm I'm feeling pretty awesome! It's amazing what a little detox can do, just no more brewing detox tea for 35 mins, oven timer now set!!

No comments:

Post a Comment