Friday, January 13, 2017

Time to slow down

I'm known as someone who doesn't have a slow speed, I'm always on the go and trying to do a million things at once. On vacation in Hawaii once, a local told me I was walking too fast and that it was a crime in Hawaii!
The other day I realised just how precious time with my little girl is and that its okay to slow down and enjoy time with her and not have to be trying to do everything all at once. So this morning I did everything at her pace and also everything that she wanted me to and I had the best morning as a mummy in a long time. She was happy and I was happy. We rode our bike to the cafe and enjoyed sitting next to each other chatting away as we ate. When we got home I happily obliged to help her bath her babies and get them ready for bed. I love her motherly instincts and watching her with her baby dolls. She made me my pretend coffee, fed me pretend ice creams and gave me a pretend haircut. I endured half an hour of Peppa Pig as she lay snuggled in my lap, I breathed in the smell of her hair and held her chubby little hands. Even when I put her down for a nap, instead of rushing back downstairs to do jobs, I lay down next to her for a few minutes, holding her in my arms and telling her the story of when she was born. According to her, it got too dark in my tummy and she kicked her way out!
She was happy and perfectly behaved all morning, because I was 100% present the whole time. It's taken time, but she's making me realise the importance of slowing down and truly appreciating living in the moment. Thankyou my little girl, for teaching me what's important in life, for being patient with me and sharing your beautiful world with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment